It's normal to sweat if you get hot or do exercise, but you may be sweating excessively if you're sweating when your body doesn't need to cool down.
Excessive sweating is common and can affect the whole body or just certain areas. It can happen for no obvious reason, because of another condition you may have, hormonal changes or as a side effect of medication you're taking. We understand how big impact this condition can have on everyday life. Our practitioners can treat you with botox injections to help reduce excessive sweating to make you feel more comfortable.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
Botox injections are a safe and effective way to reduce sweating. By injecting affected skin area with botulinum toxin we are blocking a chemical in your body that stimulates the sweat glands. First results are noticeable usually within first week and they can lasts for around four to seven months, depending on the severity of your condition and the dose injected . You will need new treatment again once symptoms of excessive return. Treatments need to be a least four months apart.
From £350 per treatment
Ready to book your appointment?
DOES IT HURT ?
We use a local anesthetic cream to numb your skin before giving you several injections into each armpit using a fine needle. Your armpits may be a bit sensitive and sore after the injections.
IS IT SAFE?
All treatments carry a degree of risk. All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed. Adverse events are uncommon, usually occur within a few days of treatment and are expected to be temporary, usually resolving spontaneously within days. Your practitioner will provide aftercare advice designed to minimize risk and promote speedy recovery from any expected side effects.
Side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Swelling at injection sites
- Redness at injection sites
AM I SUITABLE FOR TREATMENT ?
- Botulinum toxin cannot be given to pregnant or breast feeding women.
- Not suitable for patients with certain neurological disorders.
- Not suitable if you are currently taking certain medicines.
- If you have previously experienced adverse reactions to any botulinum toxin treatment.
- Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.